Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sissy's Sweet Potato Casserole

I have ALWAYS wanted a sister! Once more, I have always wanted a baby sister.... and now I have both in one wonderful, loving person by the name of Melissa. (or Sissy!!!) Technically she is younger than me by a few months =) Melissa is a very contemporary yet traditional person all rolled into one. I love her with all my heart, and I look forward to being her brother for many, many years to come. This was the first dish I remember Sissy bringing to a family gathering. It VANISHED! There was none left.. that is HOW GOOD this Sweet Potato Casserole is! Serve it at your next Thanksgiving or Christmas gathering, but be warned, make sure you get a good sized serving on your plate the first time around, there will be none left when you go looking for them again! In all honesty, I was never a fan of sweet potatoes, until i tasted this casserole.

The Casserole:

3 cups sweet potatoes cooked and mashed (either canned or fresh)

1/2 cup White Sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 stick of butter, melted

1/2 cup Milk

1/2 tsp. Salt

1/2 tsp. Vanilla


The topping:

1 cup Brown Sugar, packed

1/3 stick of butter, melted

1/3 cup of flour

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Use a buttered 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first 7 ingredients. Place into the buttered 9x13 pan. Combine the last 4 ingredients and spread over the potato layer. Bake 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown and heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment