Saturday, March 13, 2010

Come here my lil Cracker Dressing

This recipe believe it or not comes from my godmother... Maryann, most people in the family know her better than I do. What I mean by that is she was my Uncle Bills wife, they got a divorce when I was still young and I never saw her again except for one more time when I was 21 and I think at mom's funeral, beyond that.... Well, this is her recipe and its really a wonderful dressing recipe! This recipe is great for when you have a taste for dressing but you don't want stove top and you don't have the time or patience to dry out bread. Its fast, its easy, and delicious more importantly, especially with a Pork Roast!

1/2 cup chopped Celery

1/2 cup chopped Onion

2 Tablespoons Butter

2/3 cup Milk

1 Egg, beaten

1 Tablespoon Dried or Fresh Parsley

1/2 tsp sage ( I add a little more for flavor)

1/4 tsp thyme

1/4 tsp salt, then to taste

dash of pepper or to taste

2 cups coarsely crushed saltines, about 27 of them or 1 sleeve

Pre heat oven to 350.

Saute onion, celery and butter till tender. In bowl combine . milk, parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Add crackers and celery mix, toss lightly. At this stage, check for seasoning before adding the egg. Add the egg and stir to combine Spray a 1 quart baking dish with cooking spray, put the dressing in and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment