Monday, March 15, 2010

Punch Recipes or It's all in moderation, Right Robert?!?

The First Punch Recipe, Watermelon Punch, is from the bar of my Godfather. The next 2 punch recipes are from my mother! The Strawberry slush, I do not remember who that came from. On a quick side note, it saddens me on a level that NO ONE serves punch at a party anymore. I love punch, alcoholic or non-alcoholic versions!! I would love to start a trend and see Punch's reinstated as a popular party drink to have. Not that I argue against a nice pitcher of sangria or a lovely open bar, and goodness knows Im blessed with 2 terrific uncles who are both terrific bartenders!! WHOA THE MEMORIES!! He heeee... I am not that silly here to share those memories here except I will say I do remember the party when the watermelon punch was served, its so light, refreshing and perfect for a summer party because if you want, you can use the watermelon as your punch bowl if you are so inclined. Yup that was the punch my Godfather made. The man also makes a mean Scotch and Water on the rocks!! Also some kick-ass Micro Brews if I do say so myself. My other Uncle, Uncle George, the other wonderful mixologist man, many many marvelous mojitos, GREEN TEA MARTINIS!!!, (sorry, i REALLY adore Martinis) and scotch and water on the rocks. But enough musing for now and onto recipes....

Watermelon Punch

1/2 watermelon seeded and cubed

1/2 cup lime fresh lime juice

1 cup light rum

4 cups Orange Juice

1/2 cup Pineapple Juice

1/2 cup of Fine Sugar

Plenty of Ice

Puree watermelon , pass through a sieve or food mill into large punch bowl, mix everything together except for the ice and refrigerate 3-4 hours before serving!.


Mom's Amaretto Punch

1/2 bottle of Amaretto

1/2 Gallon Chocolate Ice Cream

1/2 Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream

2 liters 7- Up

2 liters Ginger Ale

Mix altogether in the punch bowl and serve.

Mom's Dreamsicle Punch

2 liter Ginger Ale

2 liter 7- Up

1/2 gallon Orange Sherbert

1 large can Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate

1/4 to 1/3 bottle of Vodka or Gin (optional) [ Mom always used vodka]

Mix altogether in a punch bowl and serve!


Sinful Stawberry Slush

1 6oz Frozen lemonade concentrate

1 6 oz frozen Pineapple Juice

1/2 cup white sugar

3 1/2 cups water

1 cup Vodka

1/2 cup strawberry liquor

1 10 ounce Frozen Strawberries

Mix all ingredients together, cover and freeze.

Serve with 7- Up


Kerri's Favorite Childhood Punch

1 can Hawaian Punch

1/2 Gallon Rainbow Sherbert

2 liters of 50/50

Mix together in a punch bowl and serve.

**** I will be posting Joycee's Tea Slush Recipe.. I just need to go through boxes in the garage to get to my recipe files to find it. It is truly delish!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment